Choice















With these shots I really wanted to shoot super wide. I did this to show off the expansive landscape and contours in the ridges better. Using my 24mm, I was able to capture the above images. Artistically, the histogram was very difficult to balance the super bright snow and darker background. Shooting at altitude (and handheld) is pretty difficult when your totally winded. Additionally, framing a shot on snow is extremely difficult since you're forced to seek refuge behind the viewfinder the whole time. The snow blindness effect really dampens your ability to frame a shot before bringing up the camera (can't where sunglasses and look through viewfinder). If I could change the shots, I would have definitely used a tripod and a circular polarizer to cut glare.

Comments

Popular Posts